Today’s guest blogger is Adrianne from Little Bluebell. She’s a super talented, crafty mama from North Cali. I love Adrianne’s use of color and her quilts are lovely. Definitely check out her small projects page too- loads of inspiration (love those fabric keychains!)
Hello! My name is Adrianne and I am so excited that Jennifer invited me to help you Deck Your Halls!! This time of year inspires me to get crafty and today we’re going to make a festive dotty garland. This fun piece can be hung in so many places like: mantles, trees, windows, banisters, shelves and headboards. Let me show you how to make it.
- Felt, 4 sheets of different colors
- Scissors or a Die Cutter
- Sewing Machine or Hand sewing needle
- Marking Pen (optional)
|7) When it’s time to store your garland, wrap it around a piece of cardboard to avoid tangling.|
- Change the length by cutting more or less circles. Four circles equals about 8″ of garland.
- Have fun with the color combo. One color, two colors, or ten colors, you can’t go wrong.
- Hand stitch circles together with perl cotton for a fun chunky look.
- Layer another smaller circle on top to make it extra dotty.
- Use colored thread instead of white. How about a festive red?
- Felt: Retro Mama and Heather Bailey have a good selection of high quality felt.
- Die Cutter: I recommend the Sizzix Big Shot and the 1.5″ circle die
- Thread: Use a strong thread that will last such as Aurifil.
How cute is that? This would be a great project to make with kids too.
Be sure to pop on over to Little Bluebell to ENTER TO WIN a gift certificate from Mountain of the Dragon fabric shop!
*You can shop Mountain of the Dragon (for some fabulous fabric!) from now until Christmas and get 15% off your order with the coupon code DECKTHEHALLS15.
Then head on over the THIS POST to enter to win a $50 gift certificate from Contemporary Cloth!
Make sure you check out all the stops in our hop!