Hope y’all all had a great weekend. We had some good family time and even had a chance to get a rare family pic of the four of us!
Fancy dress, heels and all!
So are you ready for today’s block?
I scream, you scream, we all scream for…
What ever way you like it, soft serve, frozen yogurt, gelato, or by the scoop, ice cream is the perfect summertime sweet treat.
Click here to download the pattern. (Then click the download button.)
Tips for sewing this block:
- Label the parts of each section.
- Choose a contrasting color for the spoon handle.
- Remember that images are reversed in paper piecing so your spoon handle will be on the left when the block is finished.
- When sewing the sections together, I found it helpful to remove the paper first with this block. The spoon should touch the ice cream.
- Press after sewing and after joining sections.
- Sew sections D + E then add C.
- Sew sections F + B then add A.
- Then sew DEC to FBA.
Be sure to add your pics to the Ellison Lane Flickr group! I’ll be posting a sampling of everyone’s blocks in the series soon.
Are you working on your mini for the Modern Mini Challenge coming up in June? All the contest details (and prizes) are coming your way tomorrow!