We’re wrapping up the Summer Sampler Sew Along this week and have three blocks left.
Today’s special is all American pie! Can you say it with my southern drawl?
I made a slice of lemon pie but you can make any flavor you like (cherry, key lime, blueberry, chocolate… the possibilities are endless!
This block is a bit trickier than the others but you can do it!
Keys to success:
- Make sure to label each part of the patterns with colors.
- Flip to make sure you have enough fabric to cover the sections when sewing an angled line. Finger press then press with an iron.
- It’s very important to have flat seams.
- When sewing the sections together, you may want to press your seam allowance under to see where the sections will meet up.
- Sew the sections together with a 4.0 stitch length, checking to make sure they line up properly then resew them with a 2.0 stitch length.
- Sew section F to B.
- Sew section E to A then D to A.
- Sew section FB to the middle then C.
- Press well!